Sunday, June 10, 2012

Heading to Cornell for Biofuels

My name is Ben Hobbs and I am a high school science teacher at University School, a K-12, boys private school in suburban Cleveland.  This summer I will be spending three weeks at Cornell University training and studying the biofuel and bioproducts industry as part of a group of 11 educators from around the north east.

The program is formally called the Biofuels and Bioproducts Educational Program Certified Master Trainer.  I am planning on blogging throughout the training program and provide insight into the world of biofuels and bioproducts.

I arrived in Ithaca today (6/10/12) and am staying at the beautiful Edgewood House along with my other colleagues.  There are teachers and researchers from such institutions as University of Maryland, Eastern Shores, University of Delaware, SUNY Cortland, and as well as a few graduate students from Cornell University.  There also several teachers who work in various public districts in New York State.

After a brief tour of the campus (which is ridiculously hilly by the way) I am back in my room and resting up for what will surely be a busy first day.

On tomorrow's agenda:
  1. A lecture by Dr. Larry Walker, Director, Biofuels Research Laboratory, Cornell University.
  2. A lecture by Dr. Timothy Volk Co-Director, SUNY ESF Center for Sustainable and Renewable Energy.
  3. A tour of Ecovillage Ithaca by co-founder Liz Walker
I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment